Classes Frequently Asked Questions
What is HappyFeet?
HappyFeet classes are age specific, fun soccer fitness classes that utilize common children's games, stories and songs to teach soccer skills and to improve fitness.
Where are HappyFeet classes held and what time are they?
HappyFeet classes are held at daycares, preschools, churches and mother's day out facilities. The times vary depending on what best works for each individual location's schedule. Many of our classes are offered in the morning, post nap, or as an after school program.
What do you do when it rains or is too hot or too cold for soccer class?
HappyFeet classes are designed to be offered both indoors and out. We only need a medium to large classroom to perform a great class and all of our balls are "indoor-friendly." If, for whatever reason, a class does need to be rescheduled we do so at the convenience of the school.
How much is the tuition for HappyFeet class and how do parents pay?
We see ourselves as experts in soccer and not experts in preschools. Therefore, we do not have a set price and ask the school director to set the price that they see as fair and agreeable for their parents. Additionally, we collect payment from parents in whatever way the school director prefers. Most of our schools ask us to take care of all of the administration while some schools prefer to take care of the administration.
What does the monthly tuition cover?
The monthly tuition covers a weekly half hour class, coached by a HappyFeet staff coach. A HappyFeet class will be held each and every single week at your school at the designated time, and payments are made on a monthly basis.
Why is each class only 30 minutes in length?
While they are a lot of fun, HappyFeet sessions are also mentally and physically demanding. After 30 minutes of HappyFeet, young children will have experienced close to optimal levels of exercise and physical stress. As fatigue begins to set in, attention begins to wander and the fun of exercise diminishes. Our goal is to finish classes while fun and enjoyment levels are still very high. This keeps children motivated to come back for more and maintains enthusiasm for the games and skills we perform in class. Subconsciously, it leaves children with a positive impression of exercise and soccer for greater skill acquisition and long-term fitness benefits.
All HappyFeet coaches are professionally trained, background certified soccer coaches. All HappyFeet coaches are specifically chosen for their ability to work with young children and trained to teach HappyFeet classes.
Will the class have the same coach every week?
A specific HappyFeet coach will be assigned to each school and will be the primary coach for that school or location. There may occasionally be a different coach teaching class; however, we understand how important it is for children to build relationships with a coach in order to feel comfortable.
How long are children signed up for?
HappyFeet classes are designed to grow with kid's competency and skill level and are intended to be a year round program. However there are no specific time requirements. Parents may sign up for one month at a time or for longer if chosen. The HappyFeet program is totally flexible. Kids can come and go on a month-by-month basis. As with all technical skills whether it's golf, brain surgery, or even soccer, the more consistent a kid's participation, the greater the results will be now and in the future.
Can kids try a class and see if they like it before signing up?
Absolutely! Please, if there is some uneasiness about whether or not a child would enjoy and benefit from HappyFeet classes, invite them to a trial. If for any reason the child does not like it, they pay nothing.
Do you provide progress reports?
Yes!! Coaches place progress reports in the child’s cubby on a regular basis. This allows parents the opportunity to ask their kids about HappyFeet and what it does for kids.
Why should schools partner with HappyFeet in addition to the other enrichment programs offered?
We believe that there should be as many enrichment programs offered as it gives parents choice and increases the likelihood of parent satisfaction. However, if you are trying to decide between HappyFeet and another program we believe that the reasons listed below are good ones for why you should choose HappyFeet.
- Head Start - Children will get a tremendous head start in correct technical performance. By the time they receive good coaching, most children have actually learned bad habits. With Happy Feet the kids will learn the right way from day one.
- Fun - Our “Story time with a soccer ball” approach keeps the kids captivated and entertained for every second of the HappyFeet class. They love pretending to be Hiawatha the dribbling Indian or Gus the banana gobbling Gorilla.
- Wonderful skill - Each HappyFeet child has their own ball for 90% of every session. This guarantees an incredible number of touches and an early familiarity and mastery of the ball that is unparalleled at the younger ages.
Do you offer summer soccer camps or other types of summer soccer programs?
Yes. We offer our HappyFeet classes year round. We also offer summer camps that are tailored to fit the needs of our partner schools.
Do the kids ever play real soccer games?
Children enrolled in HappyFeet classes do not play in regular soccer games. However, Happy Feet provides league play for all children ages 3 to 6. Teams are formed from a nucleus of children who are enrolled at the same school or are close by one another. Our objective is to form neighborhood teams that will play together in HappyFeet leagues and form the basis of larger teams as they get older and continue their soccer education. For further information about Happy Feet Leagues please choose the league menu option at the top of the page.
- Creative Kids Learning Center
- Dolphin Days Learning Center
- Essex KinderCare
- Killingworth Kid's Center
- Madison School for Young Children
- Milford KinderCare
- Mishkan Israel Nursery School & Daycare
- Mt. Carmel KinderCare
- New Haven KinderCare
- Pumpkin Patch - Southington
- Pumpkin Patch - Westbrook
- See Us Grow - Branford
- See Us Grow - Wallingford
- Temple Beth Tikvah's Nursery School
- The Children's Tree Montessori School
- The Foote School
- The Goddard School - Orange
- Tutor Time Milford
- Wallingford KinderCare
- ABC Learn with Me
- Camp Gan Israel of Westport Weston Wilton
- Holly Hill Child Development & Learning Center
- Learn & Play Preschool Child Care Center
- Almost Home Child Care - Wallingford
- The Child Development Center
- The Child Development Center at Bristol-Myers Squibb - Wallingford
- The Children's Museum of Southeastern Connecticut
- The Goddard School - Farmington
- Tutor Time Shelton
- Camp Gan Israel of Greater New Haven
- Cornerstone Children's Center
- Huntington Center Nursery School
- Kiddie Tech University
- Oakdale Kid's Center
- The Learning Tree of Madison